Tangelo allows you to roll forward your ESEF configuration.
You can do so by simply copying your document and renaming it to match your current year title.
All ESEF configuration will be copied as well. However changes have to be made in the general data.
For a roll forward some requirements do exists:
1. Change the current en previous periode dates in the general data to the current ones so the system knows the reporting period. Do this in the root of your document.
There you will find the ESEF general data in the document root by opening the document section in Tangelo. There the dates can be set, as the LEI number that is already filled in.
2. Check if new line items are in your statements or line items have been removed. Match the old ESEF with the new ESEF in the inline viewer. Make sure everything is tagged correctly and the containers are in the right place. If a line item is added make sure to check the line items and containers that come after it in the statement.
3. Keep your tagging consistant with previous reporting periodes: ESMA highlights in this regard that when tagging additional information, using either detail or block tags, issuers need to ensure consistency across reporting periods to the maximum possible extent.
Note: new line items have to be provided to our support desk in round per reporting year. When new items need to be mapped, this process will take 5 to 7 working days.
4. Check if the hyper tags are still the same. Hyper tags are the company identifiers. If there are changes in the hyper tags, apply the changes.
5. Check the block tags in the document. These can be set per section and can consist of multiple block tags.
6. Run the ESEF wizard in Tangelo and see if all your changes are correct in the viewer.
7. If all tags and statements are correctly tagged. Then have a look at the message log and try to remove as much messages there as possible.
8. Send the ESEF ZIP file to the auditors for them to check.